Friday, February 8, 2013

Plans Going Awry

Lately, I've been finding humor in all of the craziness that is my life.  And granted, it is funny when your children create such random acts of havoc.  However every now and then, I would like for something to go as planned.

I have had to rearrange my entire week because some maintenance guys cannot get their act together.  They were supposed to come on Monday to fix my floors.  They didn't show up during the time window I was given.  I was irritated and called to find out what was going on.  I was told they would be here in the afternoon instead.  Now I was more irritated and had to rearrange my day again.  Then, an hour later I was called and told they couldn't make it at all today.  I got this whole spiel of apology and was rescheduled for Thursday.  Thursday morning comes and Andrew calls to find out what time they will be here.  Well, we didn't get put on the schedule for Thursday and there was no way to fit us in.  Now, I was livid.  Granted, Andrew let the guy have a piece of his mind, but I had already rearranged everything to ensure I would be home.  Pissed did not even come close to what I was feeling.  Now, we are scheduled for this Monday again.  And I swear to god if they do not come within the window of time they gave, I will go ninja on their asses!

I decide to go print off some forms I have to drop off at our church for Sawyer's Baptism since the floor guys aren't coming.  As I'm printing them, I find out our printer is out of ink.  Needless to say, I about lost my shit.  After the whole floor people thing, I just wanted something to go right.  I have to haul all the kids over to Office Depot to get ink cartridges.  And the guy at Office Depot kept giving me a look when I bring my three kids into the store.  I gave him the evil eye because I was not in the mood to put up with anyone else.  I finally got the ink cartridges, trudged everyone home, printed out the forms, and dropped them off at church.

Late afternoon, I get a call from our church about Sawyer's Baptism. All the paperwork was squared away except they didn't have Andrew down as taking the class with me. I just about went bitch on the poor guy's ass who called me. I had to explain to him Andrew took the class but was a few minutes late because the diaper bag (which was holding all of Sawyer's paperwork and his bottle) was left at the house. Andrew had to go back home to get the diaper bag. He didn't seem to believe me, but I think I was bitchy enough to him that he finally relented. So, I finally have Sawyer's Baptism scheduled.  Check that box off.

This morning, I was supposed to have my haircut.  I received a text from my stylist at 7:50am saying she's sick with a sinus infection and needs to reschedule.  With reluctance, I text her back saying it's okay because everyone gets sick.  It just happens to be she gets sick on this appointment during the already shitty ass week I'm having.  Now I need to reschedule again.

Can nothing go right?  I feel like the universe is just having a laugh at my expense this week.

So can someone humor me and not reschedule or mess up my week next week.  I would greatly appreciate it if kids would behave and plans would go smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment