Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Bees!

See it!
Of course weird stuff is going to happen when Andrew is out of town on business.  I mean, why would it not?  I've had the A/C go out when its 108 degrees outside.  I've had a stomach virus go through the entire house and hit me hard when I was pregnant.

What is it this time?  Bees.

My boys found a big ass beehive in the smallest tree in our backyard.  I was feeding Sawyer his dinner and letting them play in the backyard to try and get the last of the evenings energy out.  Jackson and Cullen come inside and are telling me to come look at the bees.

"Mom!  There's bees in the tree.  Come look!" Jackson said.

"Bees in the tree!  Come look at bees in the tree!" Cullen said while running up to me.

"I'm feeding Sawyer.  I can't come out right now.  I'll come out later," I said.  Of course, I was assuming a few bees were just flying around outside.

I was wrong. Dead wrong.

I asked Jackson to point out which tree he was talking about.  Our smallest crepe myrtle has a beehive the size of a freaking cantaloupe!

I immediately called our pest control people, but they can't get anyone out until Monday afternoon.  Now, I'm stuck with a gigantic beehive which appeared out of nowhere.  We were just playing in the backyard this weekend.  Sunday, no bees.  Wednesday, bees.  Why me?!?!?!

I despise bees.  I understand they are good for the environment, and we need them around.  However, I would prefer if they stayed the hell away from me for all eternity!  I have been stung several times.  And joy of joys, I'm allergic to them!  I swell, break out in rashes, get red and blotchy, and itch like no other.  I have to down Benadryl immediately and apply ice to ward off my worst symptoms.  And then it takes almost a week for me to look normal around the sting.  No fun.

I think they're honey bees.  It doesn't
matter.  They need to be gone!
On top of all that, I was giving the boys a bath when I noticed a red spot on Jackson.  I got him to stand up in the tub to get a good look at it.  Guess what it was, a bee sting!  He never even told me he got stung on the belly.  Luckily, he's not allergic to them (obviously).  It's just red and swollen.  Thank goodness he's like Andrew and not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment