Monday, April 22, 2013

Underwear?

I am still in the middle of potty training Cullen.  It is going a lot more smoothly than Jackson did, but nonetheless, potty training is hard.  Cullen has peeing in the potty down.  No problems there.  However, he has not quite mastered the other one.  A few successes, but many more underwear changes.

Saturday morning, the whole family was getting ready to go to a my friend's daughter's birthday party at Pump It Up.  I had gotten the boys dressed when Cullen told me he went in his underwear.  I schlep my kid into the bathroom trying to not pull my hair out in frustration, clean him up, and send him back to playing.

I go back to packing up the diaper bag for Sawyer when I hear, "Uh Oh!" and "Mom! Cullen pooped on the carpet!" at the same time.  I take a deep breath, walk into the living room, and see a massive piece of it on the carpet.  Massive to the point I'm wondering, "How the hell does that even fit inside of him?"

I shout to Andrew I need some help and take Cullen to the potty, again.  I'm pulling his shorts off to figure out exactly how that thing fell out of his underwear.  And then I see my answer.

I never put underwear back on Cullen.  He was flying in the wind.  Going commando.  Letting it all hang out.  And he never even told me, so I'm guessing he liked it.  The constant state of doing this everyday finally made me forget to put underwear back on my potty training child.

I shout out to Andrew, "I figured out how that happened!"

"How?"

"I forgot to put underwear back on him from earlier," I say while laughing at myself.

I can hear him snickering and laughing when he says, "Ok.  I've almost done that too, but at least I remembered."

Ever the supportive man, that husband of mine!  This is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment