Monday, April 15, 2013

Busy Weekend-Sawyer's Baptism

A busy weekend was had by all.

My mom came into town Thursday.  She was able to watch Jackson's last swim lesson.  Mom was kind enough to babysit the boys, so Andrew and I could have an actual date Thursday night.  Thanks Mom!  Andrew and I went to Black Star Co-op for food and beer.  It had been months since we went out just the two of us.  It was so nice to have a date with my husband!  I can't even describe it.

Friday, my brother, Matt, and my cousin, Monique, came into town.  We had a great night filled with burgers and adult conversation.

Saturday was the big day!  Sawyer was baptized at 8am Saturday morning.  Yes, it was that early, and no, we did not understand why.  Since this was our third baptism with the same godparents, we were old pros at what was going on.  Mom was nice enough to take pictures and keep Jackson and Cullen entertained.  Jackson was really good.  Cullen wanted to move, so she walked him around the church most of the time.  What a good GiGi!  After the baptism, everyone went over to Cracker Barrel for breakfast/brunch.

After the busy morning, we came home and relaxed.  Uncle Matt fell asleep on the couch, and Cullen fell asleep on Uncle Matt.  It was too cute.  In the evening, we went to 5pm Mass.  Of course, Jackson said, "But we already went to church!  Why do we have to go again?"  I answered, "Because we're good Catholics.  We need to go to Mass so we can sleep in tomorrow morning and relax."  He wasn't too thrilled with my answer, but he sure did like sleeping in until 8am on Sunday!

GiGi kindly offered to babysit again while Matt, Andrew, and I went to dinner.  Off we went to Chuy's!  I haven't been to Chuy's in a good two years.  I was ecstatic!  The three of us found a table to wait, ordered margaritas all around, and grabbed some chips to snack on.  It was a great, relaxing dinner.  We got home in time to put the boys to bed and give GiGi props for feeding the three.

Sunday, Mom (aka GiGi) flew home in the morning.  Andrew got himself some donuts in the morning since it was his birthday.  Happy Birthday Andrew!  I took Matt to the gym with Cullen and Jackson.  Andrew grilled dinner with me prepping.  I baked him a Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake which was savored by all of us.

Matt left this morning.  I have a bunch of pictures I have yet to download from my camera.  The pictures will be posted, but I'm definitely running behind of the whole picture thing.  After the hard drive broke, I haven't had the opportunity to download anything.  I'll start working on it.

It was great to see family, but it is also nice to have the house back to ourselves.  I love the quiet when it comes.  It just doesn't come often enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment