Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Did I really do that?

Yes. Oh shit!  Yes, I really did do it.
 
The above is what went through my mine as I was looking for my cell phone at the gym on Sunday.  I was grabbing my iPod and Master Lock out of my purse when I noticed my cell phone wasn't in its normal pocket.
 
I started replaying the events of the morning in my head and realized at that exact moment where my cell phone was or approximately where it was.
 
Sunday morning was little rough on the home front.  I had children crying for no apparent reason, and it seemed like everything little thing led to a melt down.  On top of that, Jackson lost his black Orioles ball, which matched his black Orioles bat, down the sewer on the street.  He hit the ball, and Uncle Matt couldn't get to it in time before it went down the sewer.  Trying to explain to a 3 year old, you are not crawling into a sewer for a small foam ball is pretty painful unto itself.
 
Andrew arrived home a few minutes later from dropping my Mom off at the airport about 5 minutes after the ball was lost.  Thankfully.  I told Andrew I would take Jackson and Cullen to the gym with Matt and I so he could have some quiet time on his birthday.  While I was getting water bottles, Andrew put the boys into the car.  Soon after, Matt and I went to burn off some the extra calories we had consumed this weekend.
 
As I was putting my things into a locker, I could not find my cell phone.  I dug through my purse, but it wasn't there.  That's when I remembered where I put it.  I put it on the bumper of my Explorer while Matt and I were watching the kids riding bikes and playing baseball.  I had seen it while I was putting the bikes away and had planned on grabbing it when I put the kids in the car.  Unfortunately, Andrew was kind enough to do that task, so I completely forgot about it.  In essence, I drove off with my cell phone on my back bumper.
 
I would have called Andrew to tell him, but I had no phone.  To top it off, Matt left his iPhone at home as well, so I had no phone.  On our way home, I asked Matt to look out for it around the neighborhood.  We cased the roads but couldn't find it.
 
When I got home, I told Andrew what happened.  He was so nice and tried not to laugh, but I saw the smirk.  Being the sweet husband he is,  Andrew went off looking for it.  Fifteen minutes later, Andrew walks in with half of my busted up phone.  It had made it all the way to the end of my neighborhood before it fell off the bumper.
 
I see the destroyed keyboard in his hand.  First thing I think of is, did my SIM card make it?  And it did!
 
Andrew and I had been talking about getting smartphones for awhile now.  We finally broke down and decided we really did need them.  This just gave us a huge 'push you off the mountain' push to finally get it.  Andrew went out Sunday afternoon to get new phones and switch service providers.
 
I claim all of this happened because of my children.  They gave me 'mommy brain'.  I used to be normal with minimal space out moments.  After kids, I'm lucky to remember basic functions in life.  Mom's and future mom's beware.  Mommy brain will get you one way or the other.  Watch out!  It's not pretty.  Run!  Run for your brain!
 
This is what's left of my phone that Andrew could find.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment