Thursday, April 18, 2013

Eyes, Blood, and Worcestershire

Sawyer had another eye appointment with the Ophthalmologist.  His eyes have improved a little, but they are still crossing inward.  On a good note, each eye is tracking correctly.  After going over some options with the doctor, we decided to wait another month to see if his eyes continued to improve.  The doctor said he wasn't opposed to waiting another month since his crossing is low and tracking is good.  Depending on how Sawyer's eyes are next month, the doctor could put him in glasses to help strengthen his eyes.  Can you imagine my little baby in glasses that will probably look like Coke bottles?  We will wait and see what happens.  I'd rather have him see correctly than this be a permanent sight issue.

Cullen fell down part of the stairs on Tuesday.  I have no idea how it happened.  In the middle of our staircase, we have a landing.  He was sitting on the landing asking me to come downstairs with him.  I had told him no since Jackson was playing upstairs and I was holding Sawyer.  Since the turn is blind from where I was standing, I have no idea how he accomplished the fall.  My guess is he was already scooting/sliding down the stairs on his butt, he probably continued sliding hit a speed bump and fell forward.  I heard his 'I'm hurt' cry, put Sawyer down, and rushed downstairs to see him sitting on the floor.  He looked up and had blood coming out of his nose. 

Cullen's nose was a faucet with no turn off switch.  Blood was coming and coming and coming.  I rushed him upstairs to the bathroom.  I grabbed toilet paper off the floor, since my cocker, Mea, had pulled it off the roll to the door.  I shoved toilet paper on/in his nose.  It didn't slow down, so I proceeded to put Cullen in a headlock to pinch his nose and force his head down.  It was like wrestling an alligator.

I went through quite a bit of toilet paper and two rounds of nose pinching before I asked Jackson to run downstairs and get me some ice.  I just couldn't get the blood to stop leaking.  At one point, I had it slowed down, but Cullen removed himself from my headlock.  It started again.  Jackson came back upstairs with an ice 'pack'.  Now, I have the door of the freezer filled with blue ice and teethers.  Instead of getting me one of those, he grabs a single fake cube of ice that is exactly a 1x1 inch cube.  It was the smallest possible piece of ice he could have grabbed.  I pressed the mini ice to Cullen's nose, and it finally started to stop bleeding.

The bathroom, Cullen, and myself looked like a war zone.  There were bloody patches of toilet paper everywhere.  Cullen had dried blood all over his face, shirt and shorts.  I later found out blood soaked through his shorts and onto his underwear.  I had dried blood all over my face, arms, and shirt.  Inevitable, I was wearing a white shirt as well.  I should know better by now.

And the Worcestershire.  I was cooking dinner in the late afternoon yesterday, since it needed to cook and simmer for 2 hours.  I had grabbed the Worcestershire sauce out of the cabinet and was going to grab my spices.  I knocked the oregano over and went to grab it as it fell.  Unfortunately, my quick reflexes had my elbow knocking the bottle of Worcestershire off the counter and onto the tile floor inches away from Sawyer in the Bumbo.  The bottle shattered.  Sauce and glass went everywhere, including all over Sawyer.  Luckily, Sawyer was only splashed with sauce.  I spent the next 30 minutes cooking while simultaneously cleaning the floor up.  On a good note, the kitchen floor ended up mopped and sparkling clean.

I think this klutziness only happens to me.  Unfortunately, I believe Cullen inherited this trait as well.  Poor boy.

On another note, this is a normal state of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment