Tuesday, November 1, 2011

For all you Non-Morning People

Ever since we put Jackson into a toddler bed back in July, he has been waking up early.  Early as in around 6:30am.  Now, Andrew and I are not what you would call "happy morning people."  Yes, we can get up early, function, work and complete tasks.  However, do not mistake functioning and performing work as me being happy about it or even finding humor in anything before I've had the chance to truly wake up, eat breakfast and get some coffee into my system.

As a parent of an early riser, I due my parental duty of getting up and taking care of my child who is wide awake and ready for the world at some awful hour in the morning.

Last Saturday, Jackson woke up particularly early, even for him.  After a couple of sleepy attempts of getting him to go back to his own bed, I gave up.  He was hungry (per usual) and requesting substinance.  Into the kitchen we went in search of food.

Later in the morning (around 9am) when I'm getting ready in my bathroom, I hear a partial conversation between Jackson and Andrew.  The snippet I hear is Andrew saying:

"Well, if you're so tired, stop waking up so early!"

Just this piece alone had me laughing out loud, so I went to investigate.

The entire conversation was around Jackson going into his room, getting his blankie, pointing to the CD player and telling Andrew, "I'm tired. Nap time."  Which was followed by Andrew's previous statement.

Jackson did not get his nap time at 9am, but it does put a smile to my face when I remember how much of a non-morning person Andrew is as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment