Thursday, November 17, 2011

For the Love of Preschool

Jackson goes to preschool two days a week.  Its a half day of school which suits our schedules great.  It gives me a little break from having both boys all the time and allows me to spend one-on-one time with Cullen.

Jackson loves preschool.  He loves his teacher and has made friends.  All these things are great!  I'm not complaining at all.

What I do find funny, though, is him arguing with me on non-school days because he wants to go to school.  All I hear is, "I go see Miss Paula." or "I go to school."  Followed by my reply, "No, Jackson.  You don't have school today."  After which he actually pouts.  I mean he physically pouts his little lips in disappointment then tries to convince me to it is a school day.  And I try to hide my smile and laugh because its the cutest, most absurd thing to see.  He couldn't look more pathetic if he tried. And he does.

I know trying to explain certain things to a two year old sometimes is like banging your head against a wall.  No matter what you say, he has his own mindset about what is supposed to be going on.  Like attending school.

But even with the struggle on non-school days, I love the fact he loves school.  He enjoys learning and playing.  I only hope the love of learning continues throughout his whole school life.  It would make life so much easier in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment