Monday, November 21, 2011

Where did all my quiet time go?

Now don't get me wrong, I love my kids to death.  They are the best thing that ever happened to me.  With that said, I really miss alone time and a quiet house.

It seems the only time it is actually quiet in my house is during nap time and after the boys go down for the night.

I will fully admit; I savor this time.  It is such an anomaly in my house.

When I was single and after I married Andrew before kids, I never fully took advantage of quiet time and alone time.  I used to seek out noise and company on occasions.  It was no big deal to me because I always had a nice, quiet household or apartment to come home to. Not so much any more.

Now, there is always someone demanding my attention or someone running and screaming through the house.  I have boys wrestling around or a toddler following me around the house.  Yes, my life is not exciting in the traditional sense, but on a day-to-day basis, it gets really hectic.  I am constantly putting out fires between siblings, fixing meals, or trying not to let my house look like a tornado hit it.

As few and far between as it is, I take the time to savor my down time and quiet time.  I stop what I'm doing, sit down, and try to relax a few minutes.  I'm sure once I'm an empty nester, I will miss all the chaos.

As for now, I constantly ask myself the question, "Where did all my quiet time go?"

Then I quickly answer myself, "I decided to have kids.  That's where it went!"

No comments:

Post a Comment